On those cold winter days, it can become hard to enjoy your artwork while your studio feels like a freezer. Seeing that your studio is the place where you spend most your days, it has to be as comfortable as possible, giving your inspiration a chance to flow freely. Installing a baseboards heater in your studio will solve that problem and you can enjoy your cosy studio all day long.
Learn More About Electric Baseboard Heater Installation
If you need to know more about electric baseboard heater installation, these tips and advice will help you get started today. While these heaters are easy to install, you shouldn’t begin when you don’t know what you’re doing. This is quicker and less expensive that just about any other type of heating but first you need to be sure you are properly prepared. Take these steps before you start with your installation.
Preperation For Installation
- First, you need to determine the room size in square feet. This is so that you have an understanding of what size area you will be heating.
- You also want to determine what type of windows you have because this can affect how well the heating works in the room.
- Then you also need to know the number of walls in the space that are exterior walls to the property.
- You then want to be sure these exterior walls are properly insulated. If not, the heat will escape.
- You also want to determine how many doors and outdoors are connected to the room that will have the heater.
- All of this information will be used to determine the base line of total watts of heat this room will need to heat the space properly.
- This is also a good time to consider installing an electric baseboard heater with a thermostat, due to their great heat control options.
How To Install These Heaters
If you want to know how to install a heater, you’ll be happy to know that the process is fairly simple. You don’t necessarily have to be an electrician to get it done but you do need to know something about what you are doing.
- First, you need to determine the wattage of heat over the baseline that you need to install.
- Different considerations such as the size of the room, types of windows and doors and other factors will all come into play.
- Adding additional to heaters to a particular room will also not increase your installation costs any so if you need more to heat the space, go ahead and get more.
- Decide if you will and how you will break up the heaters so you distribute heat properly throughout the room. Next, you will want to focus on the wiring.
How To Wire Up Baseboard Heaters
When you know how to wire up baseboard heaters, it will help you to be able to install the heaters yourself. If this is something that you don’t currently know, it will pay off big for you to take the time to learn.
- You will need to determine the size as well as the number of circuits that you need to serve the heating load of these elements.
- 240 volt heaters are preferred, but remember they are a very high voltage and proper safety precautions need to be taken.
- You will also need to determine the right location for the thermostat before you begin the wiring.
- This is important, because this is the location where temperatures will be taken.
If you want to put your baseboard heaters in yourself, it will help to have a wiring diagram for baseboard heaters. When you have a diagram, it gives you an actual visual to help you determine where and how the wiring should go in the room. You should get a wiring diagram for baseboard heaters with your purchased units.
Types of Electric Baseboard Heaters
Looking At Cadet Baseboard Heaters
There are several types of Baseboard heaters available to choose from when you’re in the market for an efficient heating source. Knowing a little something about the different types can help you choose the right heater for your home or office. All of them, like Cadet baseboard heaters, are energy efficient and provide an excellent heat source, but some are more suitable than others depending on the type of structure they’re being placed in.
Looking Out For Allergy Sufferers
The Cadet hydronic baseboard heater is another option that would be an excellent choice for allergy sufferers. These provide a clean heat source that helps to reduce dust particles and other allergens within the room. Therefore, people with allergies find them to be very effective in reducing their symptoms. The Softheat baseboard heaters can provide a steady and uniform heat source that creates warmth and comfort. They also hold heat longer and they can be hooked up to a wall thermostat for easy control. Hydronic baseboard heater reviews will be able to tell you more about these great units.
The Different Benefits
The efficiency of baseboard heaters can’t be denied and they have other benefits as well.
- For example, they operate very quietly so they don’t disrupt sleep or interfere with work or recreation.
- They’re energy efficient, which is something everyone is concerned with today and they can be used in most any type of home or business.
- The designs are stylish and look great with most any décor. Not only can you choose between the different styles of Cadet Baseboard heaters, but you can also choose specific units.
- For example, you can choose an electric baseboard heater with 2500 Watts and a brown color or you can choose a 1500 watt unit white in color.
- In other words, you have a variety of options that will help you choose the one that’s best suited for your personal needs or surroundings.
Before you decide which Cadet Baseboard heaters would work the best for you, take a little time to do some comparisons and see what each type of unit has to offer. The more you know about your different options the easier it will be for you to make a wise choice that you’ll be happy with for a long time.